Here is some local bike shop news I collected from newsletters and the social network sites…
The Bike Habitat is having a Christmas Sale.
Our End of the Season Christmas Sale SALE is Now scheduled for Friday Dec. 9th to Saturday Dec. 17th.
The sale will last for one week and offer great deals on all in stock bikes, parts, accessories and clothing.
- Everything in the Store will be on SALE.
- ALL IN STOCK BIKES ON SALE!!
- Extraordinary savings on instock 2011 & 2012 Bikes
- ALL 2011 Adult BIKES are Discounted
- All Childrens & Juvinile Bikes On Sale
- Select 2011 Models up to 30% off MSRP
- Save on all in stock 2012 Model Year Bikes THIS WEEK ONLY!!!
- Lay-Away is available for all Bike purchases!!
- All Clothing, 25% off.
- Summer Jerseys 50% off.
- All Parts and Accessories 15% off.
- Tires & Tubes 25% off.
- Check out the Last Chance Table – It is like the land of misfit toys.
- ELECTRA Townie Sale – I recently took advantage of a Sales promotion at Electra Bikes. This means that I got a great deal on bikes and I am passing on the savings. The Townie is a very comfortable and practical bike for casual riding. Electra invented Flat Foot Frame Technology to make cycling more comfortable and efficient. Townie Sale Ends Dec. 17, 2011
Here’s a copy of the Newsletter.
And here’s some news from Bike Carson-Tahoe.
Seasons Greetings cyclists!
It’s that time of year when conditions don’t always allow for outdoor cycling. So, I’m moving it indoors! I’m in the process of buying some Lemond revolution trainers for indoor training. The Revolution trainer uses your own bicycle but connects directly to your bicycles rear dropouts and does not burn up your rear tire or put undue strain on your frame.
I’d like to see how many Carson City cyclists would want to be involved in a three month training program designed to bring you into the spring with more fitness and skills than ever.
I’ll tailor a program specifically to your goals and it will include:
Up to five indoor trainer sessions per week. Two sessions will be in the morning and 3 early evening. A sixth weekend session will be added when weather makes outdoor riding impossible
Outdoor group rides on Saturday or Sundays, weather permitting.
Clinics to improve bike handling, skills, cold weather riding strategies and basic, essential bike maintenance.
The cost will be as low as I can possibly make it just to cover the cost of the trainers at 150.00 per month. I will also offer a 250.00 discount on my February Maui or Big Island Hawaii camps http://www.RoadBikingHawaii.com for anyone involved in this program. I hope you can join us!
– Chris Huber, owner