Here is a press release from Flume Trail Bikes:
“No snow = great mountain biking! Come ride The Flume Trail! We will be running our Flume Trail Shuttle this Saturday and Sunday, JANUARY 14 & 15, 2012. Crazy yea?
- Shuttle will depart Tunnel Creek Station 1115 Tahoe Blvd. Incline Village, NV 89450, 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am and noon.
- Most people take two to four hours to ride to Incline. Remember it gets dark (and cold!) at 5:00 now.
- 14 seats available per shuttle. Our trailer with bike rack will transport bikes.
- Reserve your seat via e mail – email@example.com or via text at 775 450-1945. We will confirm your reservation. Make sure to note the time and day you want a ride.
- Bring $15 cash to get on the shuttle. Or you can pre pay using a credit card via the phone number above before Friday afternoon.
- Please let us know if you cannot make it the day before so we can free up your seat for someone else.
- Important: please be there 20 minutes before the shuttle departure. Your seat will be gone at 10 minutes till.
High temps both days is forecast to be in the mid 40s and sunny. Dress warm. There is ice in the shady sections of the trail. Use caution on blind corners especially around Marlette Lake.
This is really a rare treat to get to ride the Flume in January. Marlette Lake is frozen over and really pretty.